Jack and the Beanstalk Repertoire....


Repertory of the Philippines presents...Jack and the Beanstalk...

I still remember my childhood days wherein I would love to read fairytale stories. Those of Cinderella, Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, The Ugly Duckling, Emperor's New Clothes, The Princess and the Pea and so on and so forth. I even have mini books of those celebrated fairytales with colorful illustrations and pictures. I just missed those days wherein my playmates and I would read those books and even dreamed of becoming a princess or be part of the royal court. Those were the days....

Back to the present, I attended The Feast at Villa Verde Country Club last Sunday which was facilitated by Bo Sanchez. And the highlight of that talk is about "Where are you in the Journey of Generosity"... They have shown a video footage of those charities being supported by BO Sanchez. Oh boy! I was touched. I realized that they have bigger problems compared to me. It dawned on me that these people really need help and realized that giving some help is really important.

So if you wanna help these people, you could give your donations directly to Anawim or you could also enjoy this repertoire "Jack and the Beanstalk" while helping others because a portion of the income will be given to different charities..

For those who wants to have the synopsis you may read it below. I got it from one of the flyers that was being distributed last Sunday.

“Fee, fie, fo, fum – I smell the blood of an Englishman, Be he alive, or be he dead, I’ll grind his bones to make my bread!”This rhyme gets stuck in the brain from early childhood, with visions of a big, bad giant out to get Jack – and you. You can see him again, but this time in an entirely new light. Thanks to Repertory, you can probably even fall in love with him in this beloved fairytale with a new twist. The characters you remember will all be there – the Golden Goose, the Singing Harp, Jack’s mother.

But the biggest, most delightful surprise will be unwrapped when you actually watch the show. This version is sure to bring the oldies and the kiddies together in one big celebration of fun and laughter.Rep’s well-known players – Juno Henares, Liesl Batucan, Rem Zamora, Joel Trinidad, are part of this huge, able cast that one can look forward to with great anticipation. Terri Aldeguer choreographs. And with directors Joy Virata and Baby Barredo, you have the perfect recipe for a great time at the theatre.

Jack and the Beanstalk comes to Makati at Onstage Theatre, 2nd level, Greenbelt 1, Paseo de Roxas. It runs from August 8th to December 10th. You can call 8870710 for ticket inquiries or log onto www.repertory.ph. What makes this production not one to miss, is that it crosses generation gaps effortlessly and makes for wonderful bonding time. So bring the kiddies and Lola and Lolo, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Scene stealers and Movie Bloopers...

Caring for your Shitzhu puppies...

Diving and Snorkeling at Coron Palawan